Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dandelions.


I can't for the life of me remember her name. She told us. We either didn't understand or forgot since it was foreign to us. The little girl selling flowers; weeds actually. They were dandelions. Begging us to buy the flowers she had. Little girls are supposed to be overjoyed by flowers, not be at the mercy of others to buy them for a few Lei. She had beautiful brown eyes. I don't really remember this for sure, but thats what I picture. Big, beautiful, brown eyes. But they were tired and worn as if nearly overcome by the dark side of this world. Doesn't anyone care that she is out there all alone? I wonder if she is even 10 years old. I wonder if she knows what it is like to really be cared for. I remember Emily asking her for her name. She had a younger girl with her. I assumed it was her sister. Rick is kindhearted. He took them to McDonald's and bought them something to eat. I wonder if they are still outside, still on that street, still trying to sell those flowers...


1 comment:

The Reverend said...

I used to wonder, "Where is the power of Christ, since even his followers seem incapable of saving the poor?"

Your blog adds to that confusion. It makes me wonder exactly what we're living for...