Thursday, February 22, 2007

Impossible.

The other day I found out something impossible happened. Not that it actually wasn't possible, but in my mind the unlikely nature of such an event made it seem that way. I suppose it's times like this when you have the most questions, the least faith, and the greatest opportunity to show grace. Maybe grace is the impossible part; I don't yet know. How can some people screw things up so badly, even when they have so much going for them? What if the people we hold as "good" are really just the same as us and our misconceptions of them cause us to hold them in higher esteem? If they are capable of such moments of failure, what prevents the rest of us from screwing everything up? Seriously. What if we are all headed toward imminent failure?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are. So I wouldn't worry to much about the smaller failures in life - they are as inevitable as the sun rising in the morning...