Sunday, January 7, 2007

Oh, man.

Tonight, I was sitting with some of the guys I would say are part of my core social group. Without fail, they are able to have a good time. Tonight was another one of those times. However, the topic of their conversation really bothered me. At one point in time these were the men saying they wanted to be different than the stereotype out there of the men of our generation. Tonight, they fit it to a tee. Tonight, they became the stereotype. What the hell happened? The most defeating part of this is that I remained silent. In the midst of mediocrity, I refused to do anything. Tonight, there was a downfall among my friends, and refusing to be a true friend, I did nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, though, you just can't save people. The measure of mediocrity changes daily. It's like a mood... and who can stop one from feeling that?

Oh, yeah. It's about freaking time. :-D